- This event has passed.
Women’s History Month Begins
March 1, 2022 @ 12:00 am - 11:59 pm
“Feminism isn’t about making women strong. Women are already strong. It’s about changing the way the world perceives that strength.” – G.D Anderson
“We realize the importance of our voice when we are silenced.” – Malala Yousafzai
“Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another steppingstone to greatness.” – Oprah Winfrey
“Providing Healing, Promoting Hope,” the theme of this year’s Women’s History Month, couldn’t be more fitting as we look to honor not only our female caregivers, but all the females in our lives who’ve worked tirelessly – and often thanklessly – during the COVID-19 pandemic. The theme not only works to pay tribute to the female caregivers of today, but also to the women who’ve provided hope, healing and care throughout history. Please watch for our “Face the Facts” displays around Providence. They showcase women’s current inequality issues, as well as spotlight amazing women throughout history.
Here are more ideas to help you celebrate Women’s History Month:
- Download the Feminist Activist Toolkit for resources on the meaning and history of feminism, current statistics, and tools to become an activist and ally in the fight for gender equality. Find the tool kit here.
Support a local women’s non-profit, such as:
- Faith Food Bank
- Domestic Violence Services of Snohomish County
- Work Opportunities
Support local women owned businesses:
- Green Heron Boat Detail
- Grandma’s in da Kitchen Soul Food
- J. Matheson Gifts, Kitchen & Gourmet
- Renee’s Contemporary Clothing
- Lombardi’s Italian restaurant
Have questions about Women’s History Month? Reach out to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee Lead Brooke Chhina at firstname.lastname@example.org