Community Covid-19 Vaccine Equity Partnership (VEP)
Vaccine Equity Partners (VEP) have made a commitment to provide guidance and actively facilitate the availability, access & engagement (uptake) of COVID-19 vaccination for populations with cross cutting equity factors. Vaccine Equity Partners (VEP) have the ability and capacity to connect people with cross-cutting equity factors to COVID-19 vaccine events coordinated with Providence Regional Medical Center and Providence Institute for a Healthier Community (PIHC), based on availability of vaccine.
Vaccine Equity Partners have made the following commitments:
- To promote vaccine confidence/uptake within their communities
- To a enter a mutual commitment formalized in an memorandum of agreement (MOU)
- To engage qualified individuals; including the ability to schedule all available openings, communicate appointment reminders or facilitate scheduling changes
- To ensure transportation or other accommodations such as on-site translation.
How it Works
Similar to our Snohomish County Mask Brigade work, this effort will involve the PIHC community equity team to help ensure equitable allocations with limited vaccine supply.
- The PIHC community equity team will receive word weekly, of any confirmed vaccine supply requested on their behalf by Providence Regional Medical Center from Washington State DOH.
- The equity team will then be able to allocate a set number of vaccine appointments to Vaccine Equity Partners (VEP) from their identified needs & wait lists.
- Initially, weekly Covid-19 Vaccine events will be piloted and held on-site at Providence Everett Colby Campus (Wave 1).
- Further expansion of sites will be explored with guidance of Vaccine Equity Partners, and as partner support and capacity allows.