With our busy lives, it can be hard to find time to volunteer. However, did you know that the benefits of volunteering can be enormous to you, your family, and your community? The right match can help you to reduce stress, find friends, learn new skills, and even advance your career. If you think your unique talents and interest would be a match to our organization, or if you are a student looking for community service placement, please contact us about potential volunteer opportunities.
Here are just a few ways that volunteers play a role in our work.
- LiveWellLocal research assistants
- Health education at community events and outreach
- Support our annual Edge of Amazing event
- Community Health and Well-being Monitor fielding and data support
Providence Institute for a Healthier Community is partnering with clinics and social service agencies to identify those needing a hand up to stand tall and secure their footing when life feels shaky.
Together, we are finding families in Snohomish County who need better access to food, housing, transportation, jobs, help with paying for utilities, education that will help them get jobs, affordable healthcare, or escape from domestic violence.
Your donations to Providence Institute for a Healthier Community make a difference:
- $15 – Screen four people for their basic needs and safety.
- $25 – Maintain the LiveWellLocal online hub of community resources (one hour).
- $30 – Help three people find a food bank, housing, public transportation, a job, help with paying utilities, vocational education, healthcare, or safety from domestic violence.
Thank you for being a key partner in helping everyone feel welcome and at home in Snohomish County.
If you’d like to sponsor Edge of Amazing please contact Alison Christman 425-303-6551 or click below to learn more.