Snohomish County Youth Council
Empowering teens to transform their community through civic participation, the Snohomish County Youth Council is a community-based partnership between the Boys and Girls Clubs of Snohomish County, the Seattle CityClub and Providence Institute for a Healthier Community. Formed in 2015, Youth Council members meet monthly to work towards making a positive impact on issues that matter to kids and teens in Snohomish County.
The Council has chosen 3 areas of focus for the 2016 year:
- Addiction – Including Drugs, Alcohol, Electronics and Caffeine
- Violence – Including Bullying, Cyber-Bullying and Gangs
- Relationships – Including depression and relationships with Parents, Boy/Girlfriends and peers
We are currently seeking organizations and professionals throughout Snohomish County to donate their services to help Youth Council members with their efforts to transform their communities. Opportunities are available for:
- Mentorship – With so many smart and talented individuals throughout the county, we are seeking those who wish to take an active role in the lives of the youth and in their program development.
- Advocacy – We are looking for community leaders to speak on behalf of their causes.
- Education – We need professionals from all areas who are willing to speak with the clubs about community and health issues.
- Communication expertise – we are looking for designers, marketers, videographers who can help kids get the word out.
- Other Contributions – We are looking for individuals and organizations who would like to support the youth programs through in-kind or direct contributions.
If you are interested in volunteering your time, contact Youth Council Executive Sponsor, Michelle Morford, at email@example.com or (425) 261-3344.